Pages

Tuesday 1 December 2015

2016, The Year of the Fish

I was really looking forward to the 2015 golfing season, I had recently moved club to my city's prestigious Coventry Golf Club and was getting quickly used to the course and playing very well around it, so well in fact that I immediately joined the B-team and although I played with a couple of different partners in the two months of March and April, I was unbeaten both at home and away right up until I injured myself!  I had also qualified through the early monthly competitions into the knockout stages of a number of the club's board competitions, but again I had to withdraw myself due to the hand surgery I had to have in early April.

So, it's time to work on my game over the winter period after missing over 20 qualifying competitions in 2015 and look forward to 2016, and with new clubs in hand, along with a new putter, and already showing signs of a decent game in me, I am going to make great inroads in reducing my handicap, which has been a monkey on my back since starting to play this great, but very frustrating game at times, in 2011.

So, if you come across me on your travels, you were warned, 2016 will be, The year of the Fish! (#YOTF)